Search This Blog

Monday, April 18, 2011

Running through a pool of jello

Today I found myself describing my day to my husband as feeling like I'm constantly trying to run through jello. Fighting against everything just to get even one more inch ahead of where I am, yet never feeling like I've made any headway.

My trip to Toys R Us today is a perfect example. So I drive myself all the way across town to get there in order to buy stuffed Angry Birds for the boys for Easter. Numero Uno saw one at a party this weekend that was adorableI get there and they only have the little ones. Luckily though they have 2 of the red ones and 2 of the green pigs left. That's all they've got, so I snag them up. Fast forward a few hours when I go to show hubster what I got, and he asks me why I only have 2 birds and 1 pig. Crap. I look at the receipt and see that in fact I had been charged for all 4 of the darn things, but somehow only 3 ended up in my bag. I hope against hope that it has somehow fallen out of the bag in my car. Nope. Call the store to see if they have found it at the register or something. Nope. They just tell me to call back later and check again. Yeahhhhh.

Sigh. That's why I feel like I'm running through jello. I struggle to get this thing done so I'll feel like I accomplished something today, will feel ready for the craziness that will be this weekend, and sure as heck it still goes awry.

As Numero Uno would say, I'm super "fruserated" right now. Grrrr.

No comments:

Post a Comment